Gum disease can cause numerous oral health complications, including deterioration and receding gums. Gum recession gradually moves away from the enamel, which then exposes root surfaces.
If this is happening to you, we have a team of periodontal specialists who can help. Our gum recession treatments are designed to improve the health and appearance of your gums.
Gum Recession Treatments Available at Al-FaPerio
At our periodontal clinic in London, we have provided gum recession / receding gum treatments since 2004. Gum recession can be caused by excessive tooth brushing and gum disease.
Gum recession can increase sensitivity along the gums and allow bacterial plaque to build up on exposed teeth. This can cause a further recession and gum disease.
Depending on our assessment of your gums, Al-FaPerio offers gum re-constructions, gingival re-contouring and gingival grafting that can treat gum recession and restore the health and appearance of your gums.
The Benefits of Gum Recession Treatment
- Treatment brings receding gums to a halt
- Reduces tooth sensitivity
- Protects tooth roots from any root decay
- Improves the appearance of your gums
- Gums will look healthy and protect your teeth
- No risk of damaging gum disease
What Causes Gum Recession?
Gum recession is an oral condition when the gum tissue begins to recede. This gradually exposes the roots of your teeth and can be caused by several factors. Common causes of gum recession can include:
If you remain unsure about what caused gum recession in your mouth, book an appointment with a member of our team and visit us at our London periodontal clinic today.
What Treatments Are Available for Receding Gums?
Al-FaPerio prides itself with offering highly innovative gum treatments for patients from London and Essex. Our award-winning periodontal clinic helps treat and improve oral health with our unique laser gum treatments.
These treatments can eliminate gum disease and promote growth for gums and bones.
Gum Reconstruction Treatments Offered:
- Gingival Re-Contouring: This is where the shape and form of the gums are altered for an enhanced look within the smile. It can be done very quickly with the correct range of lasers. Minimal trauma caused by the use of lasers and aesthetically pleasing results are among the main benefits, along with improved healing.
- Gingival Grafting: This is an innovative technique where a member of our team of specialists adds more gum to improve the appearance and restore your oral health. Gingival grafting is a fantastic solution for gums lost due to gum disease or other infections that leave the roots of your teeth exposed.
For more information on our gum recession treatments, contact us on 020 8506 0701 or book an appointment today.
BOOK A CONSULTATION TODAY
You can call us on 020 8506 0701 or fill out the form here for more information on all our treatments.